Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 12 February 2019

Grey.

An overcast but dry day. I drove across town to do some shopping and get some garden supplies. Speedy's feet still have raw patches which I'm sure are from scrambling up the rough concrete of the garden wall. I got some pet antiseptic to prevent infection and will keep him in for the week. It's not worth putting the cone back on him at the moment because I've seen him contorting himself so that he can lick the underside of his feet. I've also bought two pieces of trellis which I'll fix to the wall to give him an easier way up. While I was in BJ's and then B&Q I bought some seeds for the summer garden. Last autumn I noticed that the begonias in my neighbour's hanging baskets lasted better than my surfinias so I thought I'd try them this year. I've decided to go with oranges and yellows, to compliment the orange brick walls, for the hanging basket, wall planter and the tubs that had tomatoes in last year. Although they were fun it was a lot of work for an average amount of tomatoes. Instead I've got some trailing nasturtiums and I found some tall cosmos also in oranges and yellows and some cream and orange thunbergia (Black eyed Susan). I also got some tall sunflower seeds to plant by the unused poles that had the birdfeeders on. Now all I have to do is to start planting.
It was a hard session at Pilates tonight but as it's half-term next week there'll be no session next week.

No comments: