Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 3 February 2019

Mixed Weather.


Nope, we didn't visit the beach again today but I thought photos from yesterday would be more interesting than today's cloudy sky. We've had a sunny morning but the rain foretold by the red sunrise (seen by Peter, not me) began falling mid afternoon though it didn't last very long. With no routine housework scheduled for today and being at a loose end I did ……….. more cleaning! I began by clearing the kitchen counter on which piles of papers etc tend to accumulate. Gave that all a good clean and put away as much as I could making the kitchen look tidier. Then armed with a bucket of hot water, soap and bleach I gave the inside of the conservatory a wipe down. It gets a lot of condensation in there and mould was appearing in some of the corners. Even did a lot of the outside. Instead of the usual birdsong and bleating sheep all I could hear was the sound of the boy racers driving their extra noisy cars around and a dog which has barked slowly but steadily for at least the last hour.
Something had been pecking at the fat ball in the birdfeeder, possibly the pair of blue tits that I saw the other day, so I put in a second fat ball to encourage them.
 Mussels and limpets.
 Lots of snakelocks anemones.
  Every rockpool is a miniature world.

No comments: