Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 26 February 2019

Hot.

It's been another sunny day with an official UK temperature of over 21C/70F. I ran out of things to wash apart from a knitted cosy for my one cup cafetiere which I hand washed and is still out on the line.
I didn't want to waste the lovely weather so this morning I sat out in the sun trimming away at the ornamental grasses. It was lovely to feel the sun on my back but the general peace was broken by loud machine noises coming from the garden of the big house behind us. At first I thought he was using a rotovator but then the smell and the presence of a big tip-up lorry made me realise that they must be re-doing the tarmac on their drive. I had to guess because the hedge along the bottom boundary has grown and I can't see into their garden from the upstairs window anymore.
Then I had (at least for me) a busy afternoon. First stop to the dentist where I was scheduled to have a CT scan as the first step to having an implant. However having thought about the conversation at the last appointment ie. there isn't enough room for two implants so I would be still left with a visible gap, not good when my reason for having implants was purely cosmetic, and unlike my usual dentist's estimate of around £2,000 for each implant this one implant would cost me around £3,500. The dentist confirmed that if I wait until the molar on the other side of the gap, which is an ancient crown and has fallen off several times, needs to come out I could then have 3 teeth placed on 2 implant pegs which would fill the gap and more. You never know, by that time maybe the cost of implants will have dropped to a more reasonable price. I have made an appointment with my regular dentist to have my denture ground down to make it less uncomfortable. They offered me an appointment at 8.10 tomorrow morning but I opted for a later time in a couple of weeks. 
After the dentists' I did some shopping at Lidl, dropped off a bag of plant prunings at the dump and called in at Tesco's for the things I couldn't get at Lidl. 
Back home I just had time for my exercises before going out to my Pilates class. Walking there the setting sun was an incandescent red globe turning the cloudless sky red which looked extra dramatic seen through the black silhouettes of a couple of trees. It was a vigorous session and I fear I may have overdone things and twinged my back. Our teacher always gives us options so that we do whatever suits each of us but it was funny when she said 'Hmm, very individual, I think you are all being quite unique.' In other words we were all happily doing something different.

No comments: