Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 21 February 2019

Warm.

I'm not sure what the temperature was locally but it certainly felt warm corresponding with Scotland's high of 18.3C/65F, the highest ever recorded Scottish February temperature. There was also a drying breeze so I threw the front doormat into the washing machine and got it almost dry on the line. 
On sunny afternoons my windowsill is a favourite sleeping spot for the cats. While Speedy dozed I tried to fit a new zip head on to Peter's coat but though I had two that were the same size as the broken one they differed on the inside and didn't fit. One sewing job that I completed late last night was to the ankle weights I bought not so long ago. The Velcro straps were constantly coming undone which I put down to buying on line. It was only recently that I realised that due to the way I was wearing them, over the 1kg ones on my wrists or above the 1kg ones on my ankles, meant that the hooked parts of the Velcro straps didn't reach the fuzzy parts and I was trying to attach them back on to the hooked parts. Duh - (remember I'm getting on a bit.) My solution was to sew on some fuzzy tape from my bag of Velcro oddments, and hey presto - no more falling off weights. Now I need to use some gaffa tape on the small split in one of the dumbbells which is currently allowing a trickle of metal? grains to fall out when I lift it over my head. 
The flowerbed in the front garden is sparkling with yellow flowers and close scrutiny reveals the yellow hint of a daffodil about to burst forth. 

No comments: