Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 27 February 2019

Sunny.

The hot spell is all set to change from tomorrow so I found some time to sit out and enjoy the sun. I had one load of washing out on the line and I took the opportunity to wipe down and air several pairs of over trousers. I'd rescued them from the garage which is a bit damp. If only we could get that roof fixed. Three pairs of tatty old style over trousers ended up in the bin. It was useful to have them when we lived out in the country but we're not going to be working outside in wet conditions any more and the two pairs of Gortex over trousers will be enough.
The first wallflower.
Before going out to enjoy the sun I took the time to do my choir 'homework' - learn the words to 'When the Snows of Winter fall'. Then it turned out that we didn't sing it tonight. We've a concert coming up in a few weeks and there are parts of songs that we still don't get right. 'Bring me Water Sylvie' was one of tonight's songs and it took a while before our leader realised that expecting all of us to do the complicated body percussion was too optimistic. Instead we compromised by having the 6 people who had mastered the movements standing at the front and the rest of us concentrated on singing. Best of all we didn't sing the seaweed song and the rumour is that it's being taken off the concert list. A large part of being in the choir is the social side and tonight we sang Happy Birthday to 3 members and congratulated one of them on her engagement. More craft workshops, this time on stained glass objects, tea-light holders and window decorations are again being held at the beautiful home of another member. I've signed up for Saturday afternoon as the felting workshop was a really nice afternoon. I don't expect to continue with the stained glass work but it will be interesting to have a go.

 Goodnight Sun.

No comments: