Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 5 February 2019

Overcast.

The day began misty and damp, got drier for most of the day and is now raining heavily. I was pleased that I was able to drag myself out of bed early and get my floor exercises done before the first cup of tea. I should really try and do this all the time as I'm finding half the day gone by the time all the routine stuff; exercises, music and housework is done. Today I marched off to town to buy some cards and look for the things I need for Peter's coat repair. Unfortunately the only haberdasher's is closing down and they had neither the large poppers or zip pull/ end. I'll have to get them online instead.
I felt quite weary by the time I got home as I ended up walking right all over the place looking for just the right cards. 
For relaxation this afternoon I finished the little rabbit, my second felting project. I'm going to aim for even smaller for the next one. My new interest in felting has proved the point that 'stuff' should never be thrown away as it might come in useful. For at least a couple of years I kept a small bag of sheep's wool collected on Lundy. However, before Christmas  I had a tidy up and out went the wool. Drat, that would have come in useful for making the basic shapes before adding a top layer of the washed and combed fleece that I bought in a variety of natural colours. I'll keep my eyes open for some more wool when we go walking.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Such a cute little rabbit you made!! Great job.