Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 16 February 2019

Happy Birthday Vytas.

 Vytas is 33 today, how time flies. 
Vytas and Sally are still living in Basingstoke and working at the same jobs. Their main holiday this year was to Israel and Jordan taking in Jerusalem, Tel Aviv and Petra, driving across desserts and visiting archaeological sites.
As well as outdoor activities they are heavy metal fans going to festivals and gigs both here and abroad. 
Vytas also had a few days in Canada on a work trip where as usual he found a mountain to hike up. 
 Cheers, Vytas. 
Today here in Devon it has been grey, looking like it might rain at any moment but didn't. I got out the drill and put up the two bits of trellis which hopefully Speedy will use to get over the wall. Then I decided to wash the stones steps near the house with bleach. Trying to be efficient I covered the slabs with bleach and left them to soak for an hour. That was fine until I came to rinse off the bleach. Because of the poor layout of the paving there is no way to get water to run into a drain and any surplus water would end up underneath the conservatory. My plan was to wipe down the steps with a large sponge. Unfortunately I had used too much thick bleach and it took much wiping to remove the foaming bleach. My main concern was that the cats might end up with bleach on their paws so they won't be let out until tomorrow. I think I'll stick to using less of the thin bleach when I tackle the rest of the paving.

No comments: