Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 23 February 2019

Hazy.

Although both daffs and narcissi have been out in neighbouring gardens for a while this is our first narcissus flower of the year. It's been a hazy and not too cold day so along with getting washing out on the line I gave the Old English rose bush a Spring pruning. I took off a third of the stems which seemed a little drastic but necessary for our small garden and I also removed all last year's leaves.
More photos from yesterday.
Peter brought me a cup of tea at 6.30 this morning as he needed to be at the boat shed by 7.00. I was grateful but slept for a couple of hours after the tea.
Speedy had me worried for a while this evening. When he joined me in the sitting room I noticed that his white ear was bright pink and when I felt his ears they were roasting. Was he running a fever? If I needed to take him to the vet tomorrow that would be an out of hours consultation and even more expensive. I checked his feet but they didn't seem to be worse than usual. He wasn't acting as if he was ill and when I called him into the kitchen and gave him some cat biscuits he ate them with his usual enthusiasm. Only then did the penny drop. He'd been sleeping on the glass lid of the cooker after Peter had used the oven to cook his supper. No wonder he was nice and toasty.


 Exmoor ponies to keep the furze and bracken down.

No comments: