Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 30 August 2021

Cloudy.

We had a morning of blue skies over the sea and clouds inland but by the afternoon the clouds covered the whole sky.
After breakfast I got round to trimming my fringe. When I'm at home I nearly always wear a headwrap or headband to keep my hair off my face so the length of my fringe hadn't bothered me but it was down to the level of the tip of my nose. Whoops! Time to grab a pair of scissors and working my way shorter and shorter I got my fringe to just below my eyebrows. A risky task as I tend to get my fringe between my fingers and cut it while peering upwards at my hand rather than looking in a mirror. The mirror then gets used for a bit of levelling out.

After my hairdressing attempt Peter and I worked together to put up the blackout blind in the sitting room. We still need to buy another three blinds to go over the doors and last window but I wanted to try one first. It does cut out the light and the bonus from my point of view it stops the curtain looking golden rather than crisp white.
I had two shorter sessions working in the back garden. First I removed the section of old post that was still bolted to the wall. The bolts were rusted solid so I had to saw the post apart which was quite tricky at the level of the lower bolt but I got it done in the end. The second session saw me bashing away with a bolster and lump hammer to take down a strange platform in the raised bed. Below is a photo from last week for a 'before' view.
Much cooler today so not so many people in the sea. This afternoon I spotted a group of people snorkling below the cliff. Earlier in the day we'd seen somebody who from the way he was moving must have had some sort of underwater propulsion device that he was holding on to.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Here we call 'fringe' bangs. I cut mine myself too. Ken trims the rest of my hair.