Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 19 August 2021

Damp.

A damp day with some showers and a little sunshine.
While Peter went off to the doctors' for a BP check and then on to do some shopping I went for a beach walk. (It turned out there was some kind of loose connection in the car hence the battery problems. He bought the new battery anyway and put it aside for when we do need it.) It was fairly warm as I set off for my walk so I only wore a light bodywarmer. Not enough to protect me when the rain began but it stayed warm so it wasn't too bad. I tucked my camera inside my bodywarmer so that stayed dry but I didn't, especially when I turned for home into the wind. By the time I got home the front of my leggings were soaked. Naturally the rain had stopped by the time I got home.
While Peter was out another delivery arrived for him, a pillar drill. What is it with men and tools? It's not as if he has any big projects planned apart from putting up shelves in the garage and maybe a few in the house. I wouldn't be surprised to see a chop saw or a nail gun arrive one of these days. When he came home he brought another bag of mortar mix so I was able to finish off the brick wall for the raised bed. I also made two cement pads for the first two posts on the long side of the garden. We couldn't dig holes to set the posts in because the footings for our neighbour's garage intrude into our garden by over a foot. I suppose it didn't matter as he was a good friend to the chap who lived here and then the shed was built there. We're just going to fix the posts to the brick wall (and replace the rotten posts that had been fixed to the rest of the length of the garden wall).

 

No comments: