Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 21 August 2021

Wet.

Heavy rain through the night, lighter rain today which is finally easing off. It has felt warm and during the brief moments of sun the temperature shot up dramatically. All that rain kept me indoors for most of the day apart from a brief foray into the garden trying not to brush up against the wet plants hanging over the steps and paths.
While Peter went into town, I'm guessing for some birthday treats, I tackled yet another job that has been on my to-do list for a long time - sorting out a couple of trolleys in the utility room.
These trolleys fit nicely into the space beside the washing machine and contain household cleaning and gardening items all sorted into those square plastic lidded boxes that catering foods come in. I got those boxes many years ago since when they have been great for storage. A few things were ready for the bin but while I don't need saddle soap or horse brushes right now you never know. Everything was quite dusty/grubby but there's not enough room to empty it all out to clean the boxes. Instead I washed one trolley and some of the tubs. When they are dry I'll do some more and hopefully relegate one trolley to the garage.
My other job of the day was writing up my notes into my Hobbit Journal. I like to start by rereading the current journal, partly to get back into the style of writing but also just for fun. I write in a sort of note and list form and I see that we swapped builders in January. At the time I was assured this would mean all the work would be done in weeks, hah! that went well.



 

No comments: