Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 15 August 2021

Damp.

For most of the day it was a grey view with low cloud blocking out the distant hills and light to heavy drizzle. By late afternoon there were occasional patches of blue and the wind had picked up bringing some good surfing waves.
After breakfast I finished off filling the right hand side of the raised bed with soil and compost. Then came the fun job of planting; a pink passionflower and a white clematis for the trellis, crocosmia Lucifer in the corner and the blue and white agapanthus with a trailing rosemary in front of the big pot.
After a break my next job was something I've been meaning to do for a while, potting up the little pots of clematis. I feel guilty about the way I've neglected them, one minute everything was getting too dry and the next the pots were standing in water. Sadly a few of them have had to go in the intensive care section and are probably a lost cause but I'm hoping the others will perk up now that they've been potted up and are out of the water. I finished my working day by bringing up some more buckets of soil for the other side.


 

No comments: