Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 5 August 2021

Showers.

It's been a day of short showers, sometimes only minutes long but getting longer as the day went on.
As there's a weather warning for heavy rain, thunderstorms and possible flooding from tomorrow morning until midnight on Saturday I tried to work outside as much as possible.
While Peter went off to do his volunteering at the Lifeboat shop I emptied out the last of the gravel from the dumpy bag on the drive into strong bags and a couple of boxes. That way the dumpy bag could go in the front garden for earth/compost storage.
Before I went back to clearing the raised bed under the terrace I removed two elder bush stumps that had self-seeded in a couple of pots in the side passageway and then rooted down between the paving slabs and the side of the house.
In between showers I went out and hacked away at the totally dry soil of the raised bed saving any bulbs and the campanula that were growing there. I would carry on working until the rain got too heavy and then head back inside to change out of my damp and grubby work clothes. During the dry spells I played my piano and also my guitar. It's been a very long time since I played the guitar but hopefully now I'll get back into the habit. I know it's the learning process that's good for developing neural pathways but it would be good to be able to feel that I can 'play' the guitar. Working through my teach-yourself book I was fairly okay with the classical fingering for the simple tunes but the chords were another matter. Need to keep on practising and harden up the fingertips as well.
I also went through some boxes by the front door hoping to reduce four boxes to three but ended up with three and a half boxes so no progress there. 



 

No comments: