Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 10 August 2021

Warm.

A warm, dry day. Greyer in the morning and sunnier in the afternoon.
While Peter drove into town to get another bag of Postcrete I started cleaning up the old chimney bricks. Some of them were fine but most have mortar on at least several sides. Removing the mortar involved using a lump hammer and a bolster, while wearing safety glasses of course. It was noisy work but there's so much building work going on in the area I don't think I was too much of a noise nuisance. When Peter got home we put in the first post which used up almost all of both bags of Postcrete even with lumps of rubble added to the hole. I had said that according to my searches we needed one to two bags per hole but that had been ignored. So Peter will be off to get another two bags tomorrow. We can't skimp on those holes because that bit of trellis will be standing on its own and not supported on either side. That done I carried on with my brick cleaning. As each brick was done I stacked it in place to see how many more I'll need.
Before crashing out on the terrace I walked down to the shop for some squash, apple and elderflower this time. Even though I hardly ever feel thirsty I'm making an effort to drink more but I've never been one to drink water so squash it is, no-added sugar ones of course. I heard a radio programme which said that you lose the feeling of being thirsty as you get older, hence the problems with dehydration in old people. I'm trying to form a habit of drinking in the day and have a juice bottle on the kitchen counter with the goal of drinking one bottle in the morning and one in the evening. 
The beach was crowded again.
The village is looking cheery with bunting flying outside many houses. The photo below is from the local FB page, the signs had to be taken down because of the rain and wind but they did make me smile.
We had a visit from a different chap re repairing the rendering on the front of the house so we may be a bit closer to getting that done but we're not counting our chickens yet.
While I was out on the terrace I could see smoke coming from the sand dunes. Either somebody had a barbecue that got out of hand or they were doing some clearing work on the dunes. Just checked the local FB page and it was a wild fire so I'm still betting it was a barbecue.
PS Just found this photo on the local paper's site. (Photo by Tony Ramsden.)


 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Love the look of the houses is the village. The blue one is so pretty and colorful!
Peter should have listened to you. :)