Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 9 August 2021

Windy.

Grey in the morning and blue in the afternoon. It has continued to be very windy but very warm too.
While Peter took the car down for its MOT, he'd actually forgotten but the garage is only on the High Street, I washed up and then thought I'd give the oven a wipe over seeing as I'd been baking yesterday. When I looked closely at the oven I could see that it needed more than a wipe over as there were many of those nasty brown spots. Although it's a self-cleaning oven this only applies to the back panel and the cleaning instructions specifically say not to use any oven cleaners/chemicals apart from detergent on the enamel inside. For the same reason you can't use wire wool/Brillo pads so I had a lot of scrubbing to do with a green scrubby thing. A head torch, I don't know how to turn the oven light on without the heat, and some glasses helped me to see exactly what I was doing and eventually after a lot of contortions the oven was spotless. 

We finally got the first of the big trellis panels up on the back wall. I say we but it was mostly Peter. All I did was a bit of holding things up. We had hoped to get both done but there were a lot of big nails and bits of wood that had to be taken off the wall first. While Peter worked I pottered about weeding and then carried on digging up roots. I'm still working out what to use to build a wall across the back to make a low raised bed for the climbers. Might even splash out and buy some concrete blocks rather than try and re-use the bricks I still have. Finished off the afternoon with an hour of sitting outside on the terrace.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I like the trellis panels!!