Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 18 August 2021

Zoo Day.

A day of frequent showers.
We've been having problems with the car's battery not helped by being completely drained twice when Peter didn't close the car door and boot properly. This morning even after 24 hrs on charge it was flat. I left Peter to sort that out and walked to the zoo which took me 20 minutes at my slow pace with a bucket full of tools in my hand. 
At the zoo I settled down to carry on weeding the patch of gravel I started last week. I worked steadily and being determined to finish the whole thing ended up working for four hours. I stuck it out through the showers apart from one heavier shower when I went and did some weeding in the covered section of the outdoor eating area. Later I forgot to take a photo to show the result of my hard work. I talked to a few families mostly about the peahen and her chicks. They may have been unplanned but from the reactions of the visitors they are a real asset. I think baby anything excites a lot of children and adults. We may be missing the zoo animals but I heard a number of children almost burst with excitement when they saw the ducks. Ducks?
The pigs are capable of destroying any form of feed bucket so it's better to put their feed in banana boxes which can then go in the recycling.
I took some photos as I walked back from the zoo to the village. The green fence is the zoo's boundary fence with one corner on the far right and the opposite corner just out of the picture on the far left. So not very big at all.
Standing in the same spot spun around I had a good view of the River Leri.
There's a high bank along one side of the river, I'm guessing it's to help prevent flooding in the village. Must explore along here as it looks like it would be an easy walk.
The railway crossing.
Looking southwards along the line.
And northwards.
The local fire station.
Once I got home it was nearly 4.00. Just time for a coffee and a rest before preparing some vegetables for supper and blogging.
 

2 comments:

happyone said...

That's funny that the kids got excited seeing the ducks. :)

lea said...

So many children never get to see farm animals, so ducks and pigs and goats might be novel to them.