Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 31 August 2021

Cloudy.

The last day of summer was cloudy and felt very autumnal.
I decided to head out for a walk after breakfast while there was still sand to walk on. No jellyfish to be seen while the dry sand was covered with gull footprints where they'd been cleaning up after the weekend visitors. Seagulls can be a real nuisance but as I watched the youngsters still in their brown and white plummage I wondered if they feel hungry all the time. Can you imagine always being desperate for food? It made me feel quite sorry for them. As I walked along the waters' edge a group of young seagulls kept moving away along the beach while the few adults around simply paddled a few feet into the water and watched me go by.
Back home I'd intended to spend the rest of the day turning up curtains but by the time I'd done the housework and then some admin and helped Peter to put up the first post for the trellis the afternoon was nearly over. We couldn't carry on and get the next post fixed to the brick wall as Peter needs to get some smaller bolts. I'd made sure that I wasn't tempted to carry on digging in the garden by washing my work clothes. All I could do was tie in the new growth made by one of the passionflowers.

 

No comments: