Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 16 August 2021

Windy.

Very windy today. This morning we watched three kite surfers whizzing across the waves. Whatever the conditions they are always right for one watersport or another.
My back was a sore last night so I thought it would be better not to do any gardening today. To make sure I wasn't lured outside I threw my gardening trousers in the wash. That way all I could do was a little sweeping and some sitting and planning. Instead I spent the morning writing up my notes for last winter and spring ready to enter them into my Hobbit Journal.
Then in the afternoon I got on with another overdue job, cleaning all my orchids with pesticide to remove the woolly aphids. As well as wiping down every leaf and stem I cleaned all the boxes they sit in and the utility room window sill. I find it quite stressful to have jobs waiting to be done but sometimes it's hard to get round to doing those jobs. A case of self inflicted stress. At least that job is out of the way.
I went into the kitchen late last night and there on the floor was an enormous spider. I put the cup there to show the size but because the spider is further away it looks smaller than it really was. I know it was harmless but it was too big for comfort so I trapped it in a plastic mug which it only just fitted into and threw it into the garden.
Sunset last night.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

That IS a big spider!!
Sounds like a tedious job cleaning the leaves.
Beautiful sky photo.