Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 13 August 2021

Windy.

All day warm winds whipped up whitecaps as far as the eye could see across the bay. It was sunny at times and cloudy at others. Last night I made my yearly attempt to watch the Perseid meteor shower but both at 12.00 and 2.00 the clouds covered the sky much to my disappointment.
This morning Peter put up the second trellis on the back wall. I'm really eager to build the raised bed but by the time I'd cleaned off more bricks, enlarged the drainage holes Peter drilled through the concrete base, rebuilt the stand for the big pot and dragged some of the big pots with acers around it was time to stop. I tried the tall acers in the corners of the end wall but it's too windy there for them. Instead they'll go at the other end which is much more sheltered. 
Out of the wind it was very warm in the back garden and as I sat planning where plants will go there were 6-8 butterflies fluttering about or basking on the stones. My neighbour has a very dark buddelia, it might be Black Knight and I have a very bright purple variety which should attract the butterflies. Somehow I only seem to have one variety of sedum but they should be easy enough to find.
I had to wrap up to sit out on the terrace where I watched the surfers and bodyboarders. I've yet to see any bodyboarders catching a good run. Not sure if this is due to the short but strong waves or the inexperience of the bodyboarders. The surfers were further out, some never seem to catch a wave while others were getting some lovely runs.
We had to laugh at this giant inflatable lobster. The strong winds made it difficult to handle and eventually I saw it being chased as it blew away up the beach. 
 

No comments: