Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 27 August 2021

Windy.

A bright and sunny day and out of the wind it was warm or even hot. The wind however was a bittery cold, strong easterly. Not so much fun for the people on the beach.
Today I spent a fair amount of time at the zoo. I'd had a message from Rachel, who organises the volunteers, asking if I was free to help clear a room/hut which they had decided to turn into a 'garden room'. I think that means somewhere to keep all the gardening equipment as the single window doesn't let in enough light to grow things in there. I was happy to go down today to give a hand. After all organising lots of 'stuff'' in a small space is something any class teacher has lots of experience of. With the help of Rachel's husband we completely dismantled two swivel armchairs into their components; wood to the burn pile, metal to the metal heap and the rest to the bins. Normally I'm all for repair and recycle but the plastic outer layers were worn away and flaking all over the floor and would carry on doing so even with throws over them. After that it was just a matter of sorting stuff, mostly into a filing cabinet or finding new homes for things and eventually we were done. It was just nice to spend a few hours chatting with a couple of coffee breaks too. On a sadder note one of the ferrets was in a bad way and it turned out to be a one way trip to the vet after a diagnosis of advanced cancer. 
When I got home I hung up the washing then sat out on the terrace after walking down to the shop to buy a bottle of squash as I'd forgotten to get some yesterday. Afterwards I wrapped up and sat out reading on the terrace. Later as I organised my evening tablets I realised yet again my prescription was overdue. It was only as I grumbled about it to Peter that I found out the text had come through in the week but somehow I'd failed to note the information (telepathically!) Luckily the pharmacy stays open until 6.30 so I was able to walk down and collect my prescription returning via the beach.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

So nice of you to help out.
Sad about the ferret.