Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 22 August 2021

Warm.

The day began warm and grey but got sunnier and warmer later on. At one point in the afternoon the sky was a tropical blue but that didn't last.
Shocking, literally! I plugged in the data cable into my camera and zapped my thumb. Fortunately only a little shock and also this happened early in the day when I wanted to post a photo on FB. Peter has ordered me a new cable and I took the rest of my photos on the old smart phone.
I had a happy morning grubbing about in the back garden. I began by digging away at the ivy roots and while I worked I realised it would be sensible to have a space to make a pile of soil rather than having to work in a very small space. Instead I cleared the weeds from the ground next to where I was working, built up the sides with old bricks and began putting the soil from around the ivy roots there. That way I should be able to clear away the soil from the base of the wall which will make fixing on the trellis easier.
I had a good work session, rested and then headed off for a walk along the beach.
The tide was low so I did a little rockpooling. The strawberry anemone above was about the size of a plum while the open anemone below was a little smaller.

The recent very low tides come with very high tides which have been washing up onto the marshes up the estuary bringing lots of vegitation and sheep ......... droppings. Although I didn't take pictures there were a lot of families in the water. I'm not so sure I'd be comfortable having young children in the water with that amount of sheep poo floating about along with the many barrel jellyfish. 
Had a nice phone chat with Vytas when I got home and he didn't think that he would be put off. Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age.

 

No comments: