Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 29 August 2021

Sunny.

Sunny all day with the wind picking up towards the afternoon. Though it was a warmer wind today.
After our usual Sunday brunch of croissants and a pot of coffee while listening to The Archers I couldm't make up my mind what to do. I'd woken up with more back pain than usual which I guessed was an indication that I shouldn't carry on digging in the garden, at least not for today. The problem was that not only do I get very unsettled if I'm not getting things done but that I can't bear being stuck indoors. In the end I compromised by working in the utility room first wiping out the last of the storage tubs and then going out to the back garden to do some weeding. 
Then I went down and did some mowing in the front garden. Maybe not the best idea but the long grass was dry and ready to be mown. Having had a wild meadow all summer it's about time to cut it all back. Really it could do with strimming but I want to cut in in stages. That should give the wildlife time to relocate and most creatures can get out of the way of the mower while the strimmer can be brutal. Today I widened the paths and cut back some of the edges.
Once I'd finished my attention was caught by a couple of people driving jet skis. From talking to other residents and the comments on FB they are universally disliked if not worse. Not only are they noisy and a waste of resources but the noise disrupts the normal behaviour of the dolphins and porpoises including causing the young to be separated from the pod and then die of starvation. The owners of the jetskis act without regard to others. Yesterday one was filmed zooming round close to the shore where people might have been swimming. Earlier in the summer on a number of occasions we saw the jet skis being brought in to shore through the designated swimming area. You can see that today the jet ski came through the children level with the lifeguards flag but not actually in the swimming zone which was on the left of the flag.
This evening Peter finally made it out for a row. What with his rib, stitches in his back and then the AF giving him a fright combined with not wanting to row after 6.00 (it interfers with his supper routine.) he hasn't had much chance to row.
With it being the Bank Holiday weekend and the end of the summer holidays the pub that backs on to the beach seems to have been doing a roaring trade. Last night we could see an illegal industrial laser being shone into the starry sky from around there. Tonight, as well as the the lights of small beach bonfires and the sounds of music from the pub there were three major bangs as somebody set off what I'm assuming were thunderflashes. Those looked to be from the public car park near the Lifeboat Station.
 

No comments: