Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 7 August 2021

Showers.

A very grey morning with frequent light showers. It dried up later in the day with the swell building up for the surfers and windsurfers. It must have rained a lot in the night as there was nearly an inch of water in a bucket I'd left in the garden.
I always prefer to be outside so once I'd done my 15 minutes on the exercise bike I headed out to the front garden. I cleared away more soil to make it easier (I hope) for Peter to take a few more of the facing blocks down and now I've done as much as I can on the raised bed. Working away at these sort of jobs gives me time to plan ahead. Now that I've decided to take down the little wall/raised bed that goes across the garden there should be enough of the facing blocks to do the front of the raised bed under the terrace and the first section of the one at the side. At £8 a block that's a significant saving. I'm still not quite sure how to join the two raised beds as they'll be at different heights but I don't want to damage the large hydrangea that is growing in the corner. I'll work it out eventually.
I was a bit low on peanut butter and not wanting to buy the expensive make in our local shop used the little I had and then made my recipe extra chocolatey. I'm sure Peter will enjoy them for his late night snack, the only time he eats anything sweet. I'm ready to eat something sweet at any time of day but try my best not to over indulge. Sigh, why are we programmed to like things that are bad for us?

My final job of the day was to sort out our nail box. Years ago I collected up and sorted all the nails and screws into a collection of small tubs and boxes and then into big plastic boxes that lived in the cupboard under the stairs. Due to my inability to throw away the very useful plastic peanut butter jars (washed of course) I have sufficient to put the nails/screws in. If Peter puts up some narrow shelves in the garage he could line the jars up like jars in an old fashioned sweetshop and be able to see at a glance what he has. 

No comments: