Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 8 August 2021

Windy.

The wild weather carried on through the night with at least half an in inch of rain in the bucket when I looked. No rain during the day and once again it brightened up in the afternoon.
After a late Sunday brunch I persuaded Peter that it would be fun to wrap up and head out for a walk along the beach.
Apart from surf school there were very few people around though we did see 3 lots of people walking their dogs along the beach. They were too far away for me to say anything, much to Peter's relief but I did give them the evil eye. Yes it's a pain if you have a dog but they can take dogs on the beach up at Ynyslas and the ban is there to keep the beach clean and safe for children. We wouldn't have Blue Flag status if there wasn't a dog ban. On the way home we met some of our neighbours and had the usual chat in the street including a general moan about dogs on the beach.
What was once a long stretch of sand is now covered in stones washed down from the shingle bank by the high tide. Not so welcoming for holiday makers but at least there was less seaweed.
Back home I emptied out the two large plastic plant troughs on the terrace and then moved them to inside the low street wall. The original smaller troughs had been supported by wooden battens which have since rotted out so I built stands from the old chimney bricks which I'd got the builders to leave for me. 
Much as I prefer to be outside I eventually came in and since we had some apples that needed using up I made an apple cake and some apple pancakes. Those should keep us going for a while.
A barrel jellyfish.
 

No comments: