Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 6 March 2022

Cloudier.

More clouds today but still plenty of sunny moments. It might be a nice sunset tonight so I won't post this until the sun goes down.

After breakfast I put on my yellow coat and went out to do more gardening and then had to take the coat off again as it wasn't that cold. Today's main job was the slightly less exciting one of cutting up all the branches I cut from the hedge yesterday and putting them into my big green garden bag ready for a trip to the dump. I didn't think I'd cut that much yesterday but the bag is now full and heavy. There was a little bit more to do on the hedge and I was able to tie in more of the climbing hydrangea. I also did some tying back and prunning on the other side of the garden so that I'm not in danger of getting my face scratched when I come down the garden steps.
I'm trying not to get impatient with the builders but I had hopes of the raised beds being built last summer and now I don't know when the work is going to be done. If it didn't involve digging foundations and mixing a lot of cement I'd be tempted to do it myself but even the little bit of gardening I've just done is making my rib cartilage sore again.
There are a few troughs filled with these starflowers which at the moment are on the wall along the passage that runs down the side of the house. I'm thinking they would look good planted in my cottage garden raised bed  around the hardy geraniums. 

Not as spectacular as I'd hoped but look at those reflections on the sea.


No comments: