Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 9 March 2022

Zoo Day.

The day began with some sun but for the most part it has been cloudy and windy
Back to the zoo again. I wasn't sure how my back would hold up but I ended up being there for nearly four hours though on reflection that might have been a bit much.


And this is the result of my work, a long and narrow flower bed in which I'll be planting ice plants to attract the bees. I'll also be putting in some hardy geraniums. I will have plenty of those when I split the plants that have travelled with me from Dingles. That should brighten up the area.
The green patch on the wall is where a there was a little cabin over the bench which was too dilapidated to repair. I rearranged the plastic bins and tidied up some plant pots that were around the place. The smaller red box contains a fire extinguisher and as I found out, when you open the box lid it sets off a fire alarm. Hopefully the wall will be given a fresh coat of brown before I begin planting.

By the time I got home great breakers were sweeping in all across the bay. Wonderful to watch as I rested in the sitting room. A couple of surfers (centre of the photos) were out catching the waves. Later the waves were not as big and there were more surfers and some SUPs as well.
I finished my afternoon by unpicking the elastic cuffs from another pair of joggers that I bought for Peter. So many rows to unpick, blasted overlockers.

 

No comments: