Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 5 March 2022

Sunny.

Bright and sunny again today with cold winds blowing down from the north. It's been a good drying day and the washing I hung out on the line was ready for ironing by the afternoon.
Today I finished the driftwood for the air plants. I sawed the wood a bit shorter and had another sanding session sitting out in the garden, cosy in my big workman's coat with the warm sun on my neck.
I hung the wood using the same white cord I've used for the plant tubs and made soft garden wire loops to hold the plants in place. I will be keeping an eye out for one last air plant to complete the display. The one I have in mind is grey with very fine twisted leaves that looks like a sea anemone. 
It was so nice out I just had to find something to do in the garden and had another go at thinning the hedge. There was a section I'd left in the summer because it has a climbing hydrangea in front of it which is easier to work around in the winter. Once I'd carefully sawn out some of the hedge branches I was able to begin training the hydrangea back into the hedge rather than growing straight out into the garden. 
Peter was disappointed not to be going out for a row with the club but he had to cancel this morning as his back was twinging and he didn't want to make it worse. He blames a wonky trolley at the supermarket yesterday.

 Just caught the setting sun from the cliff.

No comments: