Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 15 March 2022

Warm.

The patriotic spirit is strong in Kyiv. And well done to Marina Oysannikova, the Russian television worker who did her best to inform the Russian public that they are being lied to.
Here it has felt quite Spring-like. We had sun in the morning though it became overcast before long but it has been warm all day long. The weather man says the wind is blowing up from the Sahara and we, or at least people further south, can expect to find Saharan dust settling on their cars.
The first job done this morning was to secure the old plastic windbreak mesh to the decorative concrete blocks of the street wall. To do that I first cut the holly tree trunk even shorter and cleared out all the old branches I'd shoved under the hedge. Then with Peter on the street side passing cable ties through we tied the mesh to the wall. Lastly I filled the gaps in the hedge with holly branches lashed together with more cable ties. Then Peter loaded up the car with the next big load for the dump and off he went into town. I carried on gardening and dug up some brambles that were growing at the front of the garden. There to my disgust I discovered yet another dog pooh bag that someone had pushed into the garden rather than take it to one of the nearby designated bins. Boy was I cross. Rather than put it in our bins I hooked the bag with a stick and walked to a bin along the cliff. 
On the other hand the short walk gave me the chance to see the Spring flowers which had been planted by the homeowners who are responsible for maintaining the cliff top. 

Some of the bulbs I relocated to under the hedge in the front garden have turned out to be fancy pink and white narcissi. (The plastic mesh and concrete blocks of the wall can be seen in the background.) Other things done today include two exercise bike sessions and plenty of Welsh. It's amazing how addictive anything with a timer and a leaderboard is and yes I'm currently at the top.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

The flowers look so pretty around the rocks! Sure looks like spring.