Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 8 March 2022

Grey.

The day began bright and very windy. It seemed a perfect drying day but no sooner had I hung the second load of washing out on the line than a damp sea mist appeared. It stayed grey for the rest of the day with rain arriving later in the afternoon. However right now there's a break in the clouds and it's possible that we may have an interesting sunset.
I had a good night's sleep and was refreshed enough to play the piano and do my DuoLingo before breakfast. Guitar and the exercise bike were done after breakfast and then I was free to start hemming the curtains. It took the whole afternoon but I sewed both curtains and they're looking smart in the bedroom.
As I cut the excess from each curtain my thoughts turned to how I could use the left over pieces. I'm not keen on tie-backs but one of the strips is just right for making a cover for the rectangular pillow I use as a support for my back. It took me a while to come up with a plan for the old curtains but I think I've got one. Watch this space.


 

No comments: