Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 26 March 2022

Sunny.

Ukrainian Folk Art.
Sunny again today with just enough breeze to dry the washing I had out on the line.
I spent some hours working in the back garden, mainly bashing out concrete with a lump hammer and bolster and digging soil out of the future paved acer garden. 
Eventually I'd had enough and retired to the terrace to enjoy the sun as you never know how long the fine weather is going to last.  One last indoor job was gluing sea glass to fishing line to make another sun catcher.
Look at the state of my wrist. Those three red and very itchy marks plus several more hidden by the rose were caused by something biting me at the zoo last week. It's only today that the itching is beginnng to die down even with much application of sting relief cream. It happened when I had just pulled up a handful of grass and other weeds and from the sudden burning sensation I assumed I'd brushed against a stinging nettle. I carried out the traditional remedy of rubbing the area with a scrunched up dock leaf but by the next morning it was obvious something had bitten me. Looking on-line it seems that the culprit was probably a spider or in my case a battalion of spiders. At least now it's not burning constantly.
And now for a few more photos from yeaterday's walk.
Walking through fields of sheep towards the local boatyard.
There was much sighing over the boats, of all sizes, from Peter. As I get sea-sick and can't swim well I'm not that keen on boats.
Looking back across the marshes towards the sand dunes these three horses were having a lovely sleep in the sun.
Finally we reached the salt marsh where the River Leri (Leh-ree) also flows into the estuary. When the railway was built (1863) the river was re-routed from its original meandering route coming out just beyond the village, into a straight run which constantly threatens to flood properties at Ynyslas and the back of the village.
A fisherman going to put out his lobster pots.
Last night's sunset.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

The folk art is lovely - like it a lot.
What a beautiful sunset.