Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 31 March 2022

Cold.

Flowers in my bouquet.
The sun was shining this morning but there was a real bite to the wind. A good day for drying the washing out on the line. By the afternoon the wind was bitterly cold and my thermometer on the terrace read 6C/43F. During the Zoom class our tutor who lives in the north of Wales was watching snow falling past her window. Energy bills are going up by 50% tomorrow! People are turning their heating down or in many cases not having heating at all. Thank goodness for all the extra insulation we put in this place. Next month council tax will also be going up, car fuel prices have been shooting up as have food bills. 
This morning it was time to say goodbye to the 6ft stem of my pitcher plant. It had taken two years to grow, developed sizable pitchers and produced a large flower spike. Now that the pitchers are beginning to dry up the plant will be putting its energy into the next stem which already has two good sized pitchers.
Today's Zoom class had more questions and answers. I found it hard to get my head around the fact that does/is and does/is not look and sound very different - mae [my] and dydy [duh-dee]. On the other hand it was good to have the reasons for the different ways of saying the - y, yr, 'r, explained. I'm doing a section in DuoLingo on 'The' and could not work out which one to use. I thought it might be down to position in a sentence or if the noun is masculine or femminine both of which do affect other things. But no, it's if the letters before and after are vowels or consonants. Maybe I should have read my course book more thoroughly.
After the class I thought about going for a walk on the beach but changed my mind and ironed and cycled instead.


 

No comments: