Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 27 March 2022

Mothers' Day.

More is coming up in the news about people, reportedly many thousands, being deported from Ukraine to Russia.
Ukrainian folk art.
Here Mothers' Day has been bright and sunny. The clocks went forward this morning but it didn't feel like a hardship to be waking an hour earlier than usual. It got a bit more confusing later especially when my clock radio showed one time and Peter's another. However I am looking forward to watching the setting sun as we eat our supper.
This morning after breakfast we went for a long walk along the beach. I knew that the lifeboat people do their training on a Sunday morning but when we saw this speedboat being brought back driven by a lifeboat man my mind came up with all sorts of exciting senarios ranging from engine problems to joy riding but really I'm sure that they were simply part of the training exercise.
It was very pleasant walking on the sand. The low tide wasn't a very low one and before long the tide had turned and we had to go round over the stones behind the rocks rather than getting caught in the deep channels by the witches' hats.
Then up behind us came this young lady on her horse. She had a lot of fun cantering across the sand and then jumping over the (clean water) outfall. Through posting the photo below I've found out her name and sent her the photo. I must say it's a textbook illustration of the perfect jumping position.
No sooner had we got home than the phone rang and I had a lovely chat with Romas. Vytas phoned later in the afternoon and it was great talking to him too. Sally has caught covid, poor thing and Peter has just informed me that the builder that we were expecting tomorrow has tested positive too.
The sun was still shining so I did a little work in the garden. I moved two buckets of pebbles from the front to the back garden which unless I halve the amount of pebbles in the bucket will be all that I can manage at one go. I also did some more on the soon to be paved area. I was hoping to sit out in the sun on the terrace but by the time I got there the clouds were increasing in size and looking very grey underneath. 
This is the latest sea glass suncatcher I made. Currently hanging below the blue glass globe I may find a better place for it.
The first jetski of the season was out doing doughnuts in the bay.

With the change in the clocks sunset came after supper. The red (which the camera doesn't show) sun drew me out to the cliff to watch as it sank below the horizon.



1 comment:

happyone said...

Happy Mother's Day - sounds like a lovely day.
Here we got more snow!! About 8 inches!!