Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 10 March 2022

Sun, Rain, Sun.

The awful state of affairs in Ukraine is constantly on our minds as the news reports tells us of the dreaful things happening there. And now, after the shelling of civilian targets including hospitals it looks as though chemical weapons may be the next atrocity. All we can do here is pray and put pressure on our government to stop blocking Ukrainian refugees from entering Britain. - Forms that take a native English speaker 3 hours to fill in, lies told about non-existant visa centres in Calais and now Lisle (30 miles away doesn't count as being in a town and not yet open). Just heard on the radio - in the capital of Lithuania the name of the street that the Russian embassy is on has been changed to Ukrainian Hero Street, wonderful.
Street art in Llanelli, Wales by Steve Jenkins.
Here the day began with sun and a brisk wind. It's lovely to see the sun in the front garden again. 'Another good drying day,' I thought as I put my work joggers in the machine.
Only to spot an ominous line of low cloud approaching across the water. By the time we'd finished our breakfast the sea had changed from blue to grey to nearly black and steady rain had set in. I did my DuoLingo and some ironing before breakfast and then before preparing for our Zoom class I took the glass out of the oven door and gave it a thorough clean. It wasn't too bad but somehow 20/20 vision doesn't let Peter see grubbiness. I also squirted lots of WD40 into the support of my desk chair. It's one of those swivelling high kitchen stools and had developed some creaks and squeaks which could be distracting while on a Zoom meeting.
The Welsh lesson went well. I had to make one made dash for the door for a delivery (new work gloves) and we all got distracted by a very cute (dog-shaped) puppy that made it into its owner's room. 
After class I got out my sewing machine and sewed the hems of Peter's joggers. It was only a little job but I hate having things left not done. 
The sun came out later in the afternoon making it even nicer for the surfers who were out waiting for the waves that were rolling in.

 

No comments: