Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 31 July 2022

Chalkfest.

The day began damp and grey which did not bode well for Chalkfest. Luckily it slowly brightened up during the day and by the end of the afternoon you could almost say it was sunny.
After a leisurely breakfast when we got a real thrill out of hearing and understanding Welsh being spoken in The Archers the cleaning bug got to me and I grudgingly cleaned the oven. If I don't do it then it doesn't get done and I can't bear the thought of the grease getting welded on. It puts me in a grump, as I've probably mentioned before, because it's not me that cooks and eats meat. 
To improve my mood I took myself off for a walk along the beach to see how Chalkfest was faring. There were plenty of holidaymakers on the beach and in the water but I was more interested in watching the newly fledged seagulls. They'd been parked at the edge of the sea where they waited for their parents and amused themselves by pecking at odd items on the sand, practising flying and squeaking for food.
Sadly some of the artists had given up after their work had been washed away yesterday but other gamely repaired their chalk pictures.





I didn't do much when I got home apart from moving a few things into the garage and tying the sugar snap peas up as they don't seem to have got the hang of climbing up the supports I've given them.

 

No comments: