Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 23 July 2022

Wet.

Very warm today but for most of the time with light drizzle that sometimes developed into rain. 
Peter went out for a row this morning when the drizzle was very light and the sea not too rough. Right now I can see great big rollers coming in, an indicator of rough weather out to sea.
I thought today would be a good day to tackle the corner of the sitting room wall which has dried out as far as it's going to after all the hot weather. I still think that we have some rising damp. The house walls are single brick not cavity walls and the builder (the first one) didn't use the insulated plasterboard on this small section but plastered straight onto the bricks. I gave the paint another scrape down to remove any loose flakes before painting with watered down paint for a primer coat and later a second coat. Still needs another coat tomorrow.
The next overdue job was to drill a couple of holes in a piece of wood that I'm going to turn into a hat rack and that got two coats of paint as well. Then as it was raining I got out the sewing machine and made a bag/cover for the fabric bit of the big parasol using an old curtain that had been demoted to being a dustsheet. That will make it easier to store and keep it clean while it is in the garage. Let's face it I don't think there will be many occasions when we need to use it.
Finally I was able to go outside and build the supports for the last trough by the street wall. That's now been filled and planted up with montbretia and nasturtium seeds.
Last night's sunset.

 

No comments: