Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 20 July 2022

Windy.

Wild and windy today and a lot cooler. We had some sunny spells but anywhere in the wind felt chilly compared to the last few days. I think you can say the heatwave is on its way out.
We had to switch round our usual morning routine today as the camper needed to go in for its MOT by 9.00. Usually Peter leaves the car up in the barn but he needed the car later so I went with him and followed him down with the car. The mechanic hadn't arrived when we got there so I left Peter with the car and walked home to have my breakfast and get ready to cycle to the zoo. We've just heard that the camper failed its MOT (it hasn't been anywhere this year!) but only because the window washer pump and the wiper blades need replacing. Only minor faults but it won't be ready until Friday.
It was very busy at the zoo as the wind on the beach sent holidaymakers our way. 
I worked my way over one of the gravel areas where the weeds were just beginning to appear. Got the gravel looking spotless and then did some of the edges around the pens including digging out a lot of bindweed roots. 
Walking around I came across three of Mr Pea's tail feathers, not with 'eyes' unfortunately but still pretty. I checked and it was okay for me to take them home which was a bit of a feat on my bike. I started off with them pushed into my wellington boot and cradled by an arm but worried that they might get damaged I stopped and threaded them across the basket in front of the handlbars. While I was weeding a small child came up to me and worridly informed me that the peacock had escaped. This happens quite regularly and I reassured the child that Mr Pea was allowed to roam the zoo.
Back home I wrapped up and sat outside with a coffee watching the kite surfers and a few surfers and bodyboarders before heading inside to do my Duo Lingo and then blog.
 
Sunset last night.
Yesterday evening a pair of swans turned up for a day out at the beach. I seem to remember them coming last year too.

No comments: