Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 22 July 2022

Overcast.

There was an amber weather warning for possible thunderstorms with heavy rain from 10.00 this morning. It felt a lot cooler here and dark clouds could be seen inland. I spent the afternoon in Aber where it was hot but the minute I drove up the hill out of town I returned to cool cloudy conditions. No thunderstorms or rain though.
First thing we went and collected the camper from the garage and took it back up to the barn it lives in at the top of the hill. It was a gloomy morning so I didn't take my camera and then I wished I had as the view still looked good. Then we returned home for breakfast and eventually I set off for town. I even took my jacket with me in case it rained but in the end it was so warm I left it and the light zip-up top I was wearing in the car.
No wander around town is complete without checking out the charity shops. I don't bother looking at clothes as I have more than enough at home, instead I look through children's Welsh or bilingual books and then check out the ornaments and glassware. I try to be very choosy about what I buy but yet again I found a glass paperweight, only 2 inches high and bought it to add to my collection.
Even more indulgent was this slice of cookie pie, think layers of cookie dough/pie fillings - white chocolate, oreo, caramel and more, from a little gourmet cafe and pudding shop. It's called Pwdin (puddin) and I'd come across it in a Youtube video showing some of the delights of Aberystwyth and decided to treat myself at some point, like today. They sell different types of brownies and cookies as well as local mainly sweet produce. The girl did advise me that it's not a single portion, I ate some when I got home but it is very sweet and filling and there is plenty left for the next few days. At least Peter knows now where he can find sweet treats for special occasions.
My main reason for going to town was to book an eye test. I'm not worried about my sight, I keep pairs of cheap glasses all over the place for close work, but I've had problems with one eye for a while. Last year my doctor advised taking antihistamines which helped but didn't clear it up completely. Then came omicron so I didn't go back to the surgery for such a minor thing. Now it's playing up again. Antihistamines for a month helped but I plan on going back to the doctor just to check it out. I thought it would be good to have the optician look with all their gadgets but nowhere in town does free eye tests for adults and I'm not going to pay £25. I'll just have to see what the doctor says.
I also went to Morrisons and then B&M where there are so many lovely storage options. I bought a couple of small plastic containers for the bedroom and two soft baskets for keys and things we take with us when we go out.
I'm about to go out and do a little weeding and dead heading in the garden before supper which for me will be cottage cheese and fruit.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

The glass paperweight is a great find. I too have a small collection of glass paper weights. A couple were Ken's mom's.