Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 30 July 2022

Wet.

All change with the weather today, grey with frequent drizzle and rain. Not much fun for anyone who has come here for their holiday. A real shame also for Chalkfest, where a stretch of the concrete sea-wall is transformed by artists both professional and amateur, which is happening over the weekend.
This morning we put up my home-made hat rack in the utility room. We could do with the same again elsewhere as all those hats are mine but not that's not all of my hats and of course Peter has a couple of hats too. For the time being the extra hats are put away in a cupboard.
While it was too wet to work outside I went up into the loft to 1 - sigh over the limited section that was boarded over over and 2 - try and sort out some of the stuff up there. Several boxes of old sound systems are now on their way to the dump, hooray! and I took up a couple of the paintings from my study up. Down came a framed photo of earthrise from the moon which Peter printed when he was working at the Geological Museum (he's just reminded me that he got to handle a piece of moonrock then). 
Initially I went up to the loft to see if we had a box for the tv that's currently in our bedroom. When we were in Devon we would often watch tv in bed but here we've only watched one programme in three years. It's just so much nicer to watch tv in the sitting room so why spend extra money on an unused Sky service? We're also cancelling the Sky house phone as it's expensive to use and all we get are scam calls. Instead we'll stick to our mobiles. Cutting those two services and Sky cinema which never seems to have anything we want to watch has cut the Sky bill in half. In these times every saving helps.
Eventually it cleared up enough for me to go out to do some weeding. I had a good clear out of the weeds popping up between the paving slabs in the front garden. They'll grow back again either from the roots I couldn't get out or the seeds that are everywhere but at least it looks tidy for the moment.
 

No comments: