Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 10 July 2022

Hot.

Definitely a Borthbados day.
Early morning.
Mid-morning.
The calm sea brought out the SUPs, kayakers and swimmers. The rowing club had both boats out as nine of the new members wanted to row. Peter had a great time as he really enjoys rowing.
By evening clouds dotted the sky but still both beach and water were busy.
Ta dah! It took me five and a half hours but I got the second coat done on the whole of the front of the house. I was able to work faster partly down to the first coat having filled in some of the roughness but also because I've now got the knack of loading a lot more paint on the brush, easier since the wind wasn't blowing the paint drips around.
After that was done I still had ironing to do and discovered that there's a problem with the French doors when I tried to open them to let some air into the room. Something has caused the doors to drop in the middle making it very difficult to close them. That's a problem as the firm that installed them were taken over by another firm. I finally got to sit out in the sun for a while before supper and while I would have liked to have a lazy afternoon in the sun it was good to get the painting done. 
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Beautiful photos on a beautiful day. Gorgeous blues.