Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 15 July 2022

Dry.

It was cooler this morning with a cloud filled sky. 
By the afternoon the clouds began to break up and when they did the sun sent the temperature right up. I can well believe that the next heat-wave with predicted temperatures up to 40C/104F in some places, is on its way. However the moment I went out to enjoy the sun at the end of the day the clouds returned but it got warmer for a while later on.
This morning there must have been plenty of fish around as great flocks of birds swooped and swirled or bobbed around on the water.
As well as the usual seagulls there were hundreds of manx shearwaters that appeared to be streaming past without end. A member of the local FB group posted this video of the birds feeding last night.
I began my jobs with painting the fourth and final coat on the front of the house. Then, just for fun I mixed some blue paint from a tester pot into a bit of the masonry paint and picked out the concrete window sill in blue. The first coat dried a bit darker than I liked so I mixed a lighter version which is surprisingly similar to the walls in the 'blue loo' and also the ceiling of the 'baby's room' in our first house. I guess I must like that colour.
Brushes washed and everything put away I went round to the street side of the house and cleaned up enough bricks to make supports for the first of the last two troughs in which I planted montbretia and nasturtiums. The last trough still needs another 18 bricks cleaned before I can build the last two pillars and plant it up. Working by the road I got to chat to passing neighbours and also to our builder who was out for a ride on his electric bike. He's going to send round a chap who is good with doors to look at the french doors (hopefully).

 

No comments: