Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 4 July 2022

Cloudy.

Looking out to sea there was the occasional patch of blue in the sky while inland the sky was filled with dark grey clouds.
Hoping that it wouldn't rain (it didn't), this morning I painted the front of the house with sealant (watered down pva) in preparation for painting. Sploshing the sealant over the painted areas I had to be careful that it didn't drip off the end while the bare textured render simply soaked it up. Now I need to wait for the next fine day to start painting and smartening the outside up. 
Painting done I did a little gardening, mainly weeding and found a spot for the orchids to sit outside that doesn't get much sun. 

That's the way to my heart, a new cold chisel.

There was enough time left to try out the cold chisel which arrived in the afternoon. It is so much better than the old brick bolster and I was able to clean three blocks.
Just listening to an article about car hire on today's You and Yours. The recent price rises are eye watering, in London it's gone up from £183 per week to £700 and a lady who ended up driving her own car from Ireland was quoted £250 per day from a UK airport. And if that's not enough in Switzerland it's around £900 per week. I may be daydreaming about going on holiday next year but don't think car hire would feature. Local public transport and the occasional taxi has always done for us.

 

No comments: