Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 5 July 2022

Cloudy.

We had a grey start to the day and with a forecast of possible showers I didn't want to risk painting the house though in the end we only had one brief spell of drizzle. There was a slight improvement over the day until we finally got to see some blue in the sky late in the afternoon.
I still got to spend the afternoon pottering about in the garden and sorted out the last trough along the side of the house. I've kept a couple of troughs with bulbs in on the garden wall there as they made a nice sight seen from the window over the sink. That freed up one more trough to take round to the street wall which has been put in place and planted up with montbretia and nasturiums.
The sugar snap peas are just appearing but I've given up on the french beans. Not sure if the seeds were no good or if something ate the seeds or the shoots before I saw them. Instead I sowed more sugar snap peas with some spicy salad leaves planted between the rows. I've re-sown two rows of the beans but I'm not holding out much hope. It's strange because other plants in the garden are so lush and vigourous.
Peter has managed to find another electrician as nobody seems to be able to get hold of the chap who did the whole house. The new chap turned up this afternoon to quote for putting lights and sockets in the garage and the outside. It would be good to get that job done.
I sat out on the terrace and read for a while but I did need to wrap up against the wind.


 

No comments: