Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 6 July 2022

Cloudy.

Grey again today with a touch of drizzle during the morning.
Once again I wobbled my way down to the zoo on my trusty bike. I even managed to take a hand off the handlebar to brush some hair out of my face which is an improvement. The wrist mirror is a great help as I find it hard to hear if something is coming from behind (a combination of not so good hearing, the swish of the bike tyres and the crashing of the waves) and I'm not ready yet to be able to turn and look behind me. I do breathe a sigh of relief when it comes to turning off the road onto the lane that leads down to the zoo.
There was a disaster when I got to the zoo, somebody (one of the volunteers) had strimmed off the whole of the wildflower meadow and the valerian I had planted along the fence. He wasn't there today for me to kindly but firmly ask to reinstate the path and boundary but everyone is most apologetic. I guess he just got into the zone and yes he knew about the meadow and had done the intial strimming to make the path and edges. Oh well, it will grow back.
To rub salt into the wound the woodchip play area by the ex-meadow urgently needed weeding. I got the whole area done with the occasional dark mutter. That done I moved to the gravel by the wolf-dogs and working with one of the other volunteers got most of the weeds out of there too.
How many guinea-pigs do you see?
Are you sure?
There were plenty of visitors to the zoo today including a whole class of Reception and Year One children (I chatted to a few of them). I well remember the stress of counting and recounting heads to make sure nobody was lost when we took classes of children out on trips. As we weeded the gravel we could hear the children playing in the big play area and from the level of excited voices they were having a great time.
I wasn't confident that it wouldn't rain this afternoon so didn't attempt painting the front but the forecast for tomorrow sounds promising. Instead I did my Welsh and played the piano. Just time now to fit in an execise bike session before supper.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I see 4 guinea pigs.