Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 9 July 2022

Sunny.

Bright and breezy today.
The fish, the birds (click on photo to see the arctic terns gannets plunge diving) and the dolphins were back. I didn't see the dolphins until later in the afternoon when once again I spotted two dolphins. I'm pretty sure it's an adult and calf as they were almost touching as they swam close to each other. The water was so clear that at times I was able to see them swimming just below the surface.
It was a lovely day for the car boot sale being held at the school just round the corner. Unfortunately there were only five tables, two of which were toys. I was buying this clock for the princely sum of £1.50 when I heard my name being called. It turned out two of the stall holders were friends from the zoo, that's village life for you. There is a weekly car boot sale at the next village along but driving there seems too much effort to bother.
And then it was back to painting. It took almost four hours but I got the front done, the first coat at least. Even though it was a lovely day and warm in the sun in the shade it was another matter. By the end of my stint I felt very cold indeed. Afterwards I warmed up with a cup of coffee and maybe some bara brith in my study which had been heated by the sun pouring through the window before going out to sit on the terrace. That was when I saw the dolphins.
I would have stayed out until supper time but there were the back garden plants to water and my blog to write. That only leaves Duo which I'll do once Peter has gone to bed. Not my best time for concentrating but the program allows you to make one spelling mistake a word before marking an answer wrong. I do get annoyed with myself when I don't notice that it's the and not a in a sentence and get marked wrong for that.


 

No comments: