Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 21 July 2022

Windy.

Bright and breezy today.
I was up early again this morning as Peter needed to be out by 9.00. That suited me as I thought I could paint on the first coat of the sealant on the terrace slabs before I went down to the community gardens. However when I looked at the instructions they said to apply the second coat within 2 hours of the first coat being touch dry which meant I'd have to wait until the afternoon..
I cycled down to the community gardens bearing my usual offering of lettuces. Sadly the person whom we thought was making the cake this week didn't turn up so we had to make do with chat and whatever drink we'd brought along. I enjoyed my coffee anyway and voluntered to make cake for next week.
Our job this week was to cut back some of the brambles and nettles encroaching on the paths and to haul some bigger stems of willow off to the rough wood pile.
As we worked I got to see more of the allotments.
All the allotment holders have to garden organically ie no chemicals. Some allotments were ultra neat while others had lots of companion planting and yet others were a symphony of flowers. There are a few that are generally neglected and I believe there are moves to persuade those non-gardeners to hand back their allotments.


Back home I painted on the sealant on the terrace and not long after a second coat. I chose a natural/dry finish so the end result doesn't look as if I've done anything. The idea of the sealant is to stop the stone from getting stained especially by avain offerings of which we get plenty. Once that was all done there was just time to iron the sheets which I'd washed and water the back garden before sitting out for ten minutes to watch the sea.

 

No comments: