Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 27 July 2022

Dry.

Dry today, mainly overcast but sometimes sunny.
I cycled down to do my usual weeding stint at the zoo. I ended up weeding the gravel by the wolf-dogs and watching the many visitors. The wolf-dogs get quite excited when visitors' dogs are brought up close to the glass and wire barrier of the pen. I notice that they respond more to the bigger dogs. But the dogs tend not to react. There was a pair of beautiful huskies who were more concerned with looking behind them at the goats while Zeus and Cosmo bounced up and down in front of them. I felt sad to see that the wildflower meadow has been strimmed out of existence apart from one tiny corner. I found out that it hadn't been a mistake but that one of the owners felt it was too big. I only wish something had been said to me. I'll stick to weeding in future.
Having more or less finished for this year in the back garden I turned to the front garden and cut back some of the new growth on the inside of the hedge. I need to wait for a day when it's not windy to run the hedge trimmer over the hedge from the street.
I sat out on the terrace for a while reading my kindle. I see the neighbours and their kids are in residence, either that or there are some very young squatters next-door.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

The purple and pink flowers are so pretty!! Love the colors.