Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 11 July 2022

Hot.

Less wind and even hotter today though with hazy cloud cover increasing from about mid-day. Leaving doors open at the front and back of the house caught what little breeze there was keeping it at a very comfortable level of warmth indoors. I took the thermometer out in the afternoon and despite the haze it was 27C/80F. The sea stayed flat with a hint of a ripple all day long.
This morning we went off to Mach' for our Welsh catch-up coffee morning. I made good speaking-to-strangers progress in that I ordered my coffee and some cake all in Welsh. I wasn't sure whether to describe a brownie as chocolate cake or brown cake and settled on the former which was understood. We went through some questions we'd had on the course and then had a fine time trying to work out more expanded answers before using our dictionaries (real ones) and good old google translate which can be a bit hit and miss. New words today included air fryer -(machine air frying), mobile (phone) and agility (for dogs) plus the surprising fact that the word for school which we know, is also the word for ladder. All in all a good session.
Afterwards I had my usual spin around the charity shops where I got this home-made set of hooks for £4. I don't think you could buy one of those hooks for that and it will be handy in the utility room. It was just verging on too hot as we walked around and I couldn't make the effort to get the camera out of my bag. Instead I took some photos on the journey home.



When we got home I cleaned some chairs that had been stored in the garage and washed down the large fabric/plastic pet carrier as I'd noticed some spots of mould on it. I left everything out in the sun to dry and settled on the terrace to do some sewing. I altered the strap on a tool bag Peter had bought so that it now has a handle as well as an over the shoulder strap which is what he wanted. Then the chap who hopefully will be installing the glass balustrade on the terrace came to measure up. He took one look and said we really need a top rail for strength rather than just the upright posts we had hoped for. I'm sure he would fit the posts only or even the bottom fixed panels that have no posts or top rail if we insisted but thinking back to the 70mph winds we had last winter we thought it would be sensible to follow his advice. On the plus side the panels can now be a bit wider than 1m.
Taken at 10.00 last night. It was a bit more orange than in the photos, a truly tropical sunset. Too cloudy tonight for a pretty sunset.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Cute hooks. :)