Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 15 November 2023

A Beach Walk.

Bright and windy today.
The builder came in the morning but his assistant has succumbed to a nasty cold. I'm not surprised as he was in and out of the rain when they were doing the bathroom and yesterday the poor lad was coughing and spluttering. The plaster in the sitting room hadn't dried enough for the skirting boards to be nailed on and there wasn't much else the builder could do today. Instead the three of us had a nice long chat and then the builder measured up for the terrace balustrade. It would be great to get that done at last.
Once the builder left I painted another coat on the bathroom ceiling. One more coat tomorrow and the ceiling will be done. 
Then off I went for a gentle walk along the beach.
The winter storms are beginning to wash away the sand to reveal the submerged forest.
The storms have also washed up plenty of drift wood. I came across this old pallet which must have been in the water for some time for the goose barnacles to grow. In past times it was believed that goose barnacles turned into barnacle geese which due to their migratory nature were never seen on their nests. I've also just read that goose barnacles are the world's most expensive seafood. £80-£90 per kilo for fresh ones, cheaper if you buy frozen but I think I'll pass.

 

No comments: