Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 7 November 2023

Progress.

No rain at all today.
As it was dry once the builders had arrived I went down to the zoo for a spot of weeding. I was well wrapped up and had a peaceful time clearing the weeds from the gravel by the wolf-dogs. I also picked up all the leaves and tiny pine cones littering the gravel. Apart from making it look tidy picking them up ensured that I found all the small weeds because as we know small weeds grow into bigger weeds. Also while I felt a bit sorry for the worms who have been pulling the leaves down to make food stores, increasing the organic matter in the gravel makes it easier for the next lot of weeds to grow. I did look up at the tree overhanging the gravel and wonder if I was going to be picking up all the leaves and cones still on the tree. The idea of chopping the tree down crossed my mind for a brief moment but not really. Cosmo the wolf-dog has been under the weather for quite a while but after all the vet's tests were inconclusive they've been giving him basic (animal) painkillers and he's showing a definite improvement. Maybe a touch of arthritis brought on by the damp weather.
I didn't stay too long at the zoo in case the builders needed to consult with me and look how far they've got. Everything is in and working but I'm going to seal the tiles around the toilet before use. (They are already sealed but an extra coat won't hurt.) There are mirrors above the tiles on the wall opposite the sink, not quite a perfect set but I can do something to hide that. Then the painting will be down to me and our new bathroom will be complete.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh your bathroom turned out lovely.
So bright and shiny!!