Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 16 November 2023

Oops, (Forgot to Publish.)

A mostly dry day with some drizzle in the afternoon.
It was a busy morning here. The builders came and after fixing the skirting boards over the new plaster in the sitting room they went out on the roof to fit some vents. J had been unable to find red roof vents but got the black ones and painted them red to match the rest of the tiles. I'm relived this has been finally done as I was very concerned about the damp in the loft which would eventually affect the timbers. Disaster averted. Now all the work on the inside of the house that we needed builders for has been done. Just the smaller things like putting up some shelves and painting left for us to do. It only took two weeks of work but we had waited for over eighteen months for the last builder to be free to do the job. 
My first job of the morning was to walk down to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription and to ask why I was getting a month's worth of medication only 10 days after the last lot. That they said was down to the surgery who issue the prescriptions so I need to inquire at the surgery. They can't have a very good checking system, for all they knew I could be downing twice the amount of tablets needed. On the way out there was some activity at the RNLI. The boat and tractor were out on the slipway and I wondered if there had been a shout or if it was a routine training session. All was explained on the way back when the tractor was towing the boat around some cones in the car park while a chap with a clipboard looked on. Obviously one of the shore crew was having a tractor driving test.
Once I got home I got on with painting the bathroom. A final third coat on the ceiling and as there was enough of the white paint I did a coat on the walls too. I finished washing the brush and roller with about 15 minutes to spare before our Zoom class. There were only six of us today so we had plenty of opportunities to answer the questions. As we had already gone over much of the lesson in Mach I felt a lot more confident than some weeks. That left me with the rest of the afternoon free to tidy up and then relax before going off to disco aerobics.
It was dry but pitch black when I walked down to the hall. On the way back the sky was suddenly lit with a huge flash of light and minutes later there was a great rumble of thunder from out at sea.

 

No comments: